20090301

happiness

I've found happiness again.
Do you ever have those things in your life, where all you really need is a shifting of your perspective?
Injuries happen, people change their minds, tell lies and do other things in an attempt to assuage their own pain. It's true. It's a part of life. The sad thing is for some, the injury becomes their only focus and in their myopic existence, they are devoured by what they have allowed to take precedence.
But not for me. There are too many good things for the taking. Too many possibilities floating around to not take a chance. Too many waves crashing on the shore to just watch; they beckon me to join in their joy.
Something subtle happened in the last few weeks and the pain I knew gave way to the joy I now know. I woke up one day and realized I was alright. My heart was still beating. It was no longer breaking or hurting. It was no longer an effort to get through a day. And so with that, I smiled and the strength that came with the realization of being better than fine allowed me to reach out and be brave. And with that bravery came bliss.
So truly, happiness is all around and there for the taking. It's beckoning us to join, it tempts us to hope and dream, it calls us to live a life that is focused on the silver lining without cowering in fear of the coming rain.

No comments: