20080311

My Beauty is...Me

It's the tears in my eyes
With a smile on my lips,
The sound of my voice
The feel of my kiss.

It's the curl of my hair
The fire in my eyes
The laugh in my voice
The want to be wise.

It's the grace in my hands
The drive in my step
The touch of my skin
The lack of regret.

It's the strength of my will
The words on my lips
The joy in my smile
The sway in my hips.

It's in my scars,
Is seen through my tears
It's in my successes
And even my fears.

It's the beat of my heart
The strength of my back
The shape of my chest
And all that I lack.

It's the peace in my soul
The power of conviction
My hope and my dreams
My love is in action.

My beauty is hidden in plain sight for all to see. I
f for nothing more than my ability to appreciate beauty that is found in the day-to-day things...the shape of a bowl, the shadow through a window, a child laughing, a couple embracing, the joy of friends, the heartache of loss, the shape of a tree, the power in the wind...it is in me and in these things that beauty is common but uncommonly recognized.
My beauty has always been more hidden than I would ever have wanted. It takes a trained eye and patience to find...but it takes the diligence of a good heart to hold onto it when it's found. It's fleeting and shy, unknown and hidden in the common.

I am a daisy in the field of wildflowers, beautiful for its simplicity and rawness...
content to just be.

No comments: