20080307

50 cent

it's a metaphor for change.
I think that is indisputably my favorite line from the artist known as 50 cent. Brilliant man, he is.
Anyhow...
Change.
Most days I love it. In fact, I think I actually crave it. Or maybe it's just the idea of it I crave. I never really can form a firm opinion on this matter. But no matter my opinion, it happens. Sometimes it feels drastic and overnight, other times it is so gradual that I can't even see a difference a month down the road.
I look around me, at others' that are changing, I can see it in them, but hardly notice it in me. I ask the same questions, want the same things and am still looking for the same answers as I was years ago. That being said, however, I can decidedly say that I'm not the same person I was back then.
Sometimes I feel like the earth, struggling to change, freezing overnight, melting during the day, just wanting the 'transition' period to be finished and finally thrust into the new place, the new season, the next step, tomorrow.
Basically, where I am is wanting a new set of problems...ones that even if they're the same maybe just look different...I don't know...maybe I'll just squint my eyes for now...

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

this is me too! it took me until 2 years ago to realize that I enjoy and, in fact, crave change. This came after frustration of not being able to keep any sort of routine or schedule that I laid out for myself. I'm always seeking to "reinvent" myself, and then sometimes look at my life and think that there is nothing new under the sun. frustrating, isn't it? but i think the need and desire for change is something God can use. At least, I hope He can, because that's me.